Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Happy Pig Card

In case you didn't know... I grew up in the country. My grandfather lived next door and he raised cattle. Our neighbors down the road raised pigs and when the wind blew just right you could smell the pig farm from our house. In the spring when the babies were born we would would go visit the cute new piglets. When I first saw the new This Little Piggy stamp set by Stampin' Up! I knew it would be on my first order. I also love the new Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack. This Happy Pig Card was inspired by the Out in the Garden challenge at SU! Only. You probably won't find a pig in a city garden but in a country garden, you betcha.

First, I stamped the pig image onto watercolor paper using Staz On Jet Black ink. Then using Aqua Painters and Classic Stampin' Pads the image was watercolored. Colors include: Pool Party, Old Olive, Powder Pink (new in color), Sahara Sand and Calypso Coral. After the image panel dried it was matted to a slightly larger piece of Calypso Coral cardstock. The patterned paper is from the Petal Garden dsp and the pool party twine is new. The final touch was adding the bitty butterfly. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Happy Pig Card is entered into the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, your card makes me smile. That little piggy looks so happy carrying that flower (or is it a snack). I fell in love with that stamp set when I saw it, too. Who doesn't need a little smiling Piggy in her life? Love the combinations of colours you've used in the background and, of course, your colouring just makes the little pig come to life. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute piglet and great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea thanks for capturing the fun of this little piggy set in your wonderful card. That happy little piglet looks like it's enjoying the spring flowers too. Great choice for the DSP and colouring on the image. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful bright and cheerful card with an adorable little piglet. This realy brings a smile! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Andrea, this is such a fun image a really cheerful card, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little story behind your card all about the piggies - what a fun card. Thanks for joining in with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! It's SOOO cute! Thank you for linking up with my Feminine 'Anything Goes' challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, Andrea! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I love the Piggy!!!! Your card is absolutely adorable! I love everything about this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehe this is just gorgeous!! So much fun!! And just perfect for our challenge!! So glad you joined in the fun with SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up on a farm, too...we only had cattle, but my cousins had little piglets every spring! Love your fun card that brings back memories! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, you have such a happy pig among all the flowers in your dsp. Cute card. I love that little butterfly you added too. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my...this just made me smile! What an ADORABLE card! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊