Monday, November 2, 2015

Super Baby Blanket and Burp Cloths

Super Baby Blanket
Hello crafty friends! The last couple of weeks I've stayed busy working on a special project of sewing baby gifts for my brother and his wife who are expecting their first baby in December. We know it's going to be a boy and they are decorating the nursery with a Super Hero theme. It was early summer when I found this adorable flannel baby Superman fabric and I bought all the store had left. I've used the fabric to make a 36 x 36 baby blanket and several burp cloths. Everything really did turn out super cute and my nephew will be able to enjoy his blanket for many years.

I ended up getting really carried away making baby burp cloths because there is so many cute fabric prints it was hard to choose. So, I've now signed up to participate in a local craft expo on Saturday November 14th. Therefore, over the next couple of weeks you won't see too many cards from me because I'll be busy sewing. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Baby Burp Cloths

Super Baby Burp Cloth

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness....these are adorable!!!! LOVE the super-hero theme your brother and SIL chose for their new little bundle. So sweet.

    I have taken to making a set of 3 simple coordinating 36X36 receiving blankets (unlined, just finished around each edge) as baby gifts. We live pretty remotely and so I can't just run to the store. I buy the flannel when it is on sale and try to have the blankets made up for when one of my friends' daughters is having a baby. So much fun with all the fabulous prints that are available nowdays!!!

    Good luck at your show!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    Last day to comment for great prizes on the Cat Lovers Hop at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're right about there being too many cute flannel prints to choose from! You made a fabulous set. Good luck with the craft expo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊