Thursday, February 19, 2015

Birds on a Wire Card

Good afternoon! It's been crazy around my house lately and I haven't had time to spend in my craft room. However, I couldn't let the Feathered Friends CAS challenge at The Paper Players expire without playing along. I love birds! More specifically, I love yellow birds. Several years ago for Valentine's Day my hubby bought me a pole and several feeders to attract the American Goldfinch. Since then, my backyard birds have been spoiled. The birds also entertain the cats while we are at work. So, it's a winning situation.

When creating my card I used the Goldfinch as my inspiration. Using Crushed Curry cardstock and a new die cut from In'spire by Spellbinders called Birds on a Wire. The background paper is from the Best Year Ever dsp available in the Sale-A-Bration catalog by Stampin' Up!. I matted the patterned paper to Coastal Cabana cardstock and heat embossed the thanks sentiment from the Another Thank You stamp set in Silver. The final touch was adding three silver sequins. Does it look like the birds are watching the snow fall? It recently snowed here in Oklahoma and that's what I pictured when I selected the patterned paper. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Birds on a Wire Card is entered into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, your inspiration came through loud and clear! Thank your for joining us at CRAFT Challenge! Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the bird die - I have one something like this and haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those rows of goldfinches against the bokeh sky background Andrea - super cute! Thanks for joining my CAS bird challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Andrea! Love the color of the birdies against the background paper--perfect combination! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely perfect! I love the background - and those pretty yellow birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
    Tina- DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊