Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hello Fall Card for The Paper Players


Howdy! It's Sunday again and time for another wonderful challenge from The Paper Players. This week Ann is hostess and has selected fall as the theme! Happy Fall Y'all! is the title and I am certainly ready for fall to arrive. My card has a little bit of everything in it. I've used brand new, current and retired Stampin' Up! products to create this Hello Fall Card. The last couple of weeks I've loved the negative space designs from the design team and participants, so I decided to create my own. I searched for colorful sunsets and found a lovely photo (see below) that inspired the focal image. To create the focal design I used watercolor paper and the current Lovely As a Tree stamp set. Using StazOn ink in Timber Brown I stamped the trees and then used my Aqua Painters and classic stampin' pads to add color. I decided to use the retired Natural Composition woodgrain paper to frame the image. To create the whitewash look, I used Craft Stampin' ink and sponged it all over the paper. Then using a cloth to wipe the ink from the glossy areas. The leaves were stamped using the retired Gently Falling stamp set, this set is one of my all time favorites. I used the rock-n-roll technique to give the leaves a shaded look. To finish the card I added the sentiment from the new For All Things stamp set, an antique brad and some natural jute twine. I really enjoyed making this card and I hope it helps inspire you to play along at The Paper Players fall theme challenge. I'm submitting my card at this weeks Leaves challenge at Just Us Girls.

The design team really went all out this week and have created some marvelous inspiration. Click here to check out their designs. You have until NOON (PST) on Friday, Sept. 12th to participate in the challenge. I hope to see your card in the gallery! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.


Photo by: Marcia Breznay

14 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea, this is absolutely beautiful! I just keep looking at it and seeing more fabulous details! The sunset, the woodgrain frame, the leaves and the button are are fabulous! This card is frame worthy! I love it! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, this card is absolutely amazing! It is breathtaking. Your watercoloring makes the whole thing work! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andrea, what a stunning card! I love the window you made, and those three leaves are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Fall card, it really captures the season, great techniques you used. I really like the way you "white-washed" the frame and those die cut leaves are precious, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a gorgeous creation created from your inspiration photo! Love all the elements you added too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea this card is stunning! The sunset is just beautiful and the wood effect surround is so great for a fall card. The leaves and brad are the perfect finishing touch - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of seeing that lovely as a tree set, honestly one of the best from SU of all times! I love how you used it here, it's just beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous scene you created surrounded by the woodgrain and touch of leaves! Beautifully done Andrea. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely creation, Andrea! I love the beautiful sunset, the tree images are so classic, and the woodgrain frame perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall is a great reason and you created the perfect picture with this card -- I love the wood-grain frame and the picture is especially eye-catching. Really nice card and effects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely words Andrea...your Fall card is very beautiful..the stamp inside the oval and I like especially the woodgrain at front your card looks so realistic...Great Fall card Andrea...hugs from Germany..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous watercolor background Andrea. You created the perfect fall sunset. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea! Your watercolored sunset is just gorgeous {swoon}. The use of the negative space gives the feel of looking out the window at the lovely view. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a stunner, Andrea! I love the inking & the perfect woodgrain - and my favourite tree stamp of all time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊