Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Kitty Story and a Card

This morning my spunky nine month kitty Taz decided he didn't want me to be asleep. It was about 4:50 am and he starts making all kinds of noise by my bed. Knowing it probably wouldn't make a difference I get up and give him some food. That bought me 30 minutes until he was doing the same thing again. I gave up and made my morning coffee and an hour later I'm wide awake and he is asleep on his favorite ottoman.


After taking care of a couple of chores and fixing the hubby some breakfast I made my way into my craft room. There wasn't a lot of creative juices flowing at this time of day so I used the layout from the card I finished last night and changed it up. This Simple Banner Thank You Card features patterned paper from the Quilting Bee 6 x 6 paper pad by My Mind's Eye. The cardstock colors are Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Daffodil Delight by Stampin' Up! I decided to do a little sponging on the edges and added Antique Linen Distress Ink by Tim Holtz/Ranger. Having a good time adding the distress ink I also added it to the twine so the white wasn't as bright. The Thank You stamp is by Stampabilities and the ink is Soft Suede by Stampin' Up!


I'm entering this card in the Thankful Thursday Challenge, "Thank You" #136 at DL.Art. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your little fur baby woke you up so early! BUT, the card you made if really fabulous! LOVE the patterns you used! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are funny like that. Mine do the same thing - they wake me up to serve their needs then a half an hour later - they are asleep. I like your card - sometimes we just need to make something to get the juices flowing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful , love the color and design
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #136 “Thank you” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  4. CATS. lol! Isn't that usually the way. Love this layout :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊