Thursday, June 26, 2014

Announcement and a Card


Hello to all my crafty blogging friends! I have an exciting announcement to share with you today. For the next three months I will be a Guest Designer for the Paper Players!!! I must admit I was shocked and honored to be asked to create alongside the very talented design team at the Paper Players. My term starts on July 6th through September and I can't wait to get started. I hope you will stop by on July 6th and play along with my first challenge.

Now, onto the card! It's been awhile since I played along at ColourQ but this weeks colours and inspiration photo stayed with me. I used the discontinued Secret Garden framelits to create the floral die cuts in the embossed Island Indigo panel. Then I adhered the solid colored cardstock to the back and then layered to the scalloped border panel. I added the center punch detail to the flowers, rhinestone basic jewels and then used dazzling details on the flowers to add sparkle. Unfortunately, the photo didn't capture the beauty of the sparkle. It looks much better in person. The sentiment is from the Too Kind stamp set and was stamped with Island Indigo ink. To finish the card I punched the sentiment with a 1 3/8" circle punch and layered with a Real Red 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch. Then I popped it up with dimensionals and this card was done. All supplies are by Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This card is entered into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Andrea! I am not surprised - well deserved for the GDT! Your card looks great and you've really nailed the colours in your colour swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color scheme -- I like this neat and bright card! Congrats on the new venture -- hope it will be interesting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to see your smiling face on the PP blog! Woohoo! That is FABULOUSNESS :) You are going to rock it, that's all there is to it :)
    I love the layout of your card - and those peek-a-boo flowers - and that is a winning colour combo. No wonder it stuck with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, Andrea, love this die cuts and the embossing! So glad to see you at the colourQ this week, thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the GDT! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊