Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Watercolor Rose Card

It's getting late but I really wanted to share my latest card with you! This Watercolor Rose Card was made using this weeks Tuesday Morning Sketch. I love the simplicity of the design and the oval focal point. I didn't use a sentiment but I imagine this card will be used for Mother's Day. To watercolor the rose I stamped the Inkadinkado image onto watercolor paper using StazOn Jet Black ink. I used my Aqua Painter brushes by Stampin' Up! with Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Gumball Green and Old Olive classic stampin' pads. The scalloped oval was die cut with a Spellbinders die using Pool Party card stock. I used green and gold Smooch Spritz on light yellow card stock and the punched the elegant butterfly. It added a really nice shimmer and then I added the three small pearls. The baroque patterned paper is from my stash and the polka dot green is from the Epic Day dsp by Stampin' Up!. Well, that about sums it up. Thanks for stopping by!

My Watercolor Rose Card is entered into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Oh, very pretty! Love your design and those gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Link Up, so glad you shared!
    Jackie @ PDE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy. ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. The effect is very soothing and nice -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Thank you for creating with us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and elegant card!! I love the soft color combo and that butterfly!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at TMS #247!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Andrea, this is gorgeous! I love the soft colouring, and that stamp is so beautiful. Your card will be featured on our TMS FB page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a beautiful card! I love your color choices and that butterfly is the perfect little accent! Thanks for linking up at Pause Dream Enjoy!

    xoxo Becky ~ PDE DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊