Monday, August 19, 2013

Masked Stripes Card

Do you ever wake up thinking about a card design? Before I went to bed last night I read this weeks challenge at The Paper Players is for a One Layer Card. Since I've only made a few one layer cards, I can use all the dream power I can get. When I woke up this morning I had a card idea using masked stripes. I decided to put a nice frame around my sentiment to play along with the Robyn's Fetish challenge to Put a Frame Around It. I'm also entering my Masked Stripes Card into the Anything Goes challenge at Make It Monday. It took a little time to measure and cut the masking strips of tape. Once I had my masks in place I sponged on Coastal Cabana ink. Before I removed my sentiment mask, I used a basic black Stampin' Write marker to outline my framed box. The Sassy Salutations sentiment is stamped using Raspberry Ripple ink and I added four punched black circles to anchor the corners of the sentiment frame. I think this card will work well as a masculine thank you card or you could adds some frills and make it girly too. Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day!

5 comments:

  1. Love your card! Those masked stripes are fab! Saw you at MIM and came for a closer look!

    xx Katherine

    http://cropnkathy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish add a frame challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job of masking your card, looks great, love the colour. Thanks for linking up with make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME! I never ever would have guessed it was one layer - so much dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous color scheme and those masked lines are perfection! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊