Sunday, August 19, 2012

Un"frog"etable Card

I'm running a little behind entering my usual challenges. I guess I'll go with the saying that it's better late than never. The theme challenge at CAS-ual Fridays: Splish Splash prompted me to create this Un"frog"etable Card. I couldn't resist using this cute frog image and sentiment from Rubbernecker Stamps. I colored the frog with stampin' write and Copic markers. For the water I sponged on two different blue colors and then went over it with tahitian colored twinkling H2O's to give the water a little shimmer. I fussy cut the frog image and adhered with dimensionals. Twinkling H2O's is a product I saw demonstrated at the CKC convention. You use it with water and a paint brush. I really like the subtle shimmer it adds. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
*This card is also linked to the wonderful Make It Monday card blog.

10 comments:

  1. This is sooo Adorable Andrea. i I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and colours Andrea. I saw this on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha, what a fun sentiment! Just perfect together with this frog image. Lovely clean design too! Well done! Spotted your fab card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Andrea - your colouring is delightful. And I love the theme! Saw it on MIM.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so happy! Your creation made me smile & I adore the simplicity of it :)

    Btw, I saw you on MIM.

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - I invite you to join us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our newest challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This adorable frog brought a big smile to my face, Andrea! I also love the playful sentiment, just perfect for the image!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute and clever!! Love that sentiment - it's perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness this card just makes me smile!! Your attention to detail and coloring is just wonderful. Popped in from the MIM site and I'm sure glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #165, #189, #217, #227 and #228.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and your dp is perfect with the image!! Saw this on MIM.
    Hugs,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊